I wish to express my profound gratitude to the Dominion University College fraternity for all the support, respect and above all the encouragement extended to me during my 18 months of service to the university community thus far. I am truly thankful. I have the conviction that with God on our side, we will collectively continue to put our hands to the grinding wheel to generate useful outputs i.e. entrepreneurial minded students and a good corporate reputation founded on academic excellence in its entirety.
Academic leadership and institutional management thrive on sound vision, dynamic strategies and specific actions to ensure success. As the President of Dominion University, I will continue to be guided by this cardinal philosophy. In the first three (3) years of service to the DUC community I will build a strong and a collegiate work team and strive unremittingly to achieve the following goals in collaboration with the Council, our key stakeholders and with absolute reliance on God:
• Be recognized as a center of academic and professional excellence in teaching, training, research and consultancy services in Ghana, in particular, and in Africa in general, creating outstanding performance clout so as to be given first consideration of choice for service delivery by students, high caliber prospective employees as well as public, private and non-governmental organizations.
• Be recognized as lead academic institution in terms of practicality of training and teaching and imbuing of professional business ethics in faculty, staff and students.
• Be recognized as a mentor institution in best-practice approach to academic leadership, administration and management in Ghana and beyond where other institutions could refer their leaders and management to for internships, coaching and mentoring.
• Become a major player in the provision of business solution and advisory services through the establishment and management of state-of-the-art Business Advisory Services/Consultancy Center manned by versatile personnel from all walks of practical and academic life.
• To become a financially sound and attractive institution by boosting income generation through the crafting and implementation of unparalleled business strategies founded on the Balanced Score Card (BSC) concept that seek to guarantee sustained stream of high quality service delivery and to ensure significant market share, internal process effectiveness, customer satisfaction and customer loyalty.
• Be recognized as a center of innovation in professional/technical education that can be benchmarked by other institutions, departments and faculties.
• Be noted in the Ghanaian community as the most socially responsible university through its community involvement in problem solving and sensitivity to the needs of the vulnerable and the marginalized in society as well as the total commitment to gender equality in all the decisions of the university when it comes to enrolment, employment and gain sharing.
I am very optimistic that given the support of the Church, the Governing Council, management and staff as well as students, we will collectively bring about major change in the affairs of this great university.
PROF. WISDOM. GAGAKUMA