The Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting programme aims to provide a broad education and training in modern business profile, suitable for a wide range of students in key areas of Accounting professions and other allied disciplines.
This is to inculcate the ability to assess and analyse information using basic tools for analytical thinking, good judgment, leadership and other critical managerial skills and competence.
- WHY STUDY BBA ACCOUNTING AT DOMINION UNIVERSITY?
Our BBA Accounting programme is designed to enable you tailor your career as well as developing a transferrable skillset to fortify career success. With this programme set within the context of modern business milieu, you will explore the key accounting concepts and practices and gain firm grounding in Accounting whilst developing the ability to apply those concepts.
- COURSE HIGHLIGHTS
This programme is a 4-year degree programme, which inculcates the following into the student;
- You will possess the requisite accounting and technological skills for contemporary firms.
- It provides adequate response to the managerial, administrative and leadership requirements of the financial industry globally.
- It prepares the student to develop knowledge, analytical ability and balanced judgment to solve business problems as well as to assist students to understand the business aspects of accounting using technology.
- It also prepares the student for quantitatively oriented profession in Accounting, Research and Forecasting with understanding of business management.
- It equips the student of this course to be prepared for advanced studies in Accounting and its related programmes.
- COURSE CONTENT
This programme entails the following courses for it’s 4-year duration: Check Curriculum Tab
- Method of delivery
You will learn through classroom lectures, seminars, presentations, assignments, internships, work-based learning, project research work and E-learning platforms. Students may obtain additional knowledge through personal reading of textbooks, academic journals and online reading.
- Credit Requirement
BBA Accounting is a four (4) year degree programme requiring a minimum of 134 credits over eight (8) semesters to graduate.
- Admission Requirement
Dominion University College adopts a flexile admission approach and we accept applications from individuals with a wide range of qualifications. We also welcome mature applicants with no or less formal qualifications. Our admission requirements are categorized to include;
- West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Examinations
These are the standard nationally recognized examinations for academic progression into tertiary educational institutions in Ghana.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
Compulsory Subjects – Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade D.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
Compulsory Subjects – Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade C6.
iii. General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in General Business Examination (GBCE).
- Mature Students’ Entry
The mature students’ entry requires applicants to;
- i be at least 25 years old;
- ii show proof of age with birth certificate
- iii provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment;
- pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the Dominion University. The examination covers English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude Test. In lieu of this examination, the applicant should have proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in any of the nationally recognized examinations (WAEC Examinations).
- Foreign Qualifications
All foreign qualifications are referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to tertiary institutions in Ghana (National Accreditation Board Act, 2007 [Act 744 (2(2b)]).
Note: American SAT, TOEFL etc cannot in themselves be accepted as entry qualifications into a Ghanaian tertiary institutions.
Higher National Diploma (HND) Qualifications
An HND holder applicant must have at least have a second-class (Lower Division) certificate to qualify to enrol of this programme. He/she must have at least 2 years post HND working experience. Other Diploma qualifications with equivalence of HND may be considered.
NB: Dominion University’s entry qualifications for HND are requirements, which follows the requirement of its Mentoring University.
- Professional and Other Entry Qualifications
Entry into the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above are treated on individual cases, where such certificates are referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission into the programme.
The course will provide you with opportunities to test your knowledge and understanding through mid-semester examinations (IA), end-of-semester examinations and classwork. Assessment is also based on class assignments and presentations as well as final project work undertaken by final year students.
DEAN OF BUSINESS SCHOOL – DR NICHOLAS OTU MANTEY
- Duration 4 Years
- Study Option Full/Part-time | Weekend
- Award Degree
- Campus Spintex
- Program Code ACC