The financial industry is one of the most important sectors which contribute to a successful global economy and this industry cuts across banking, insurance, microfinance, investment and securities services, and consultancy services among others.
- WHY STUDY BBA BANKING & FINANCE AT DOMINION UNIVERSITY?
The Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking and Finance programme is designed and tailored towards students wishing to pursue careers in the financial sector. Students will obtain knowledge in the theory and practice of financial services and financial markets, the operations and regulatory functions of finance and the banking institutions and to analyse the broader role of the financial sector in global economy. Studying this programme at Dominion is an enviable opportunity to gain excellence in career and employability skills.
- COURSE HIGHLIGHTS
Our BBA Banking & Finance is a 4-year duration programme, which ensures that, at the end of your study, you will;
- Acquire the fundamental knowledge, understanding and analytical skills that will equip you for a successful career in the financial and many other sectors.
- Possess coherent analytical framework for the study of banking and financial development through the application of modern financial, managerial and strategic developments that affect real world decisions in the global financial industry.
- Be prepared to be indispensable in the changing world of banking and finance with increasing securitization and virtual banking.
- Be prepared to pursue professions in Banking and Finance
- Show unique evaluative and interpretation skills in making meaningful contributions to the domestic and global banking and finance.
- Adopt critical thinking abilities in their reading, researching, writing, reporting and speaking.
- Appreciate the critical examination, analysis and application theories and practices of sound business traditions and principles.
- Be ready for higher research, academic and professional pursuits.
- COURSE CONTENT
This programme entails the following courses for it’s 4-year duration which can be found on the: Curriculum Tab
- Method of delivery
Students will learn through classroom lectures, seminars, presentations, assignments, class work, group case study, project research work and E-learning platforms. Students may obtain additional knowledge through personal reading of textbooks, academic journals and online reading.
- Credit Requirement
The BBA Banking & Finance is a four (4) year degree programme requiring a minimum of 128 credits over eight (8) semesters to graduate.
- Admission Requirement
Dominion University College adopts a flexile admission approach and we accept applications from individuals with a wide range of qualifications. We also welcome mature applicants with no or less formal qualifications. Our admission requirements are categorized to include;
- West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Examinations
These are the standard nationally recognized examinations for academic progression into tertiary educational institutions in Ghana.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
Compulsory Subjects – Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade D.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
Compulsory Subjects – Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade C6.
iii. General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in General Business Examination (GBCE).
- Mature Students’ Entry
The mature students’ entry requires applicants to;
- i be at least 25 years old;
- ii show proof of age with birth certificate
- iii provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment;
- pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the Dominion University. The examination covers English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude Test. In lieu of this examination, the applicant should have proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in any of the nationally recognized examinations (WAEC Examinations).
- Foreign Qualifications
All foreign qualifications are referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to tertiary institutions in Ghana (National Accreditation Board Act, 2007 [Act 744 (2(2b)]).
Note: American SAT, TOEFL etc cannot in themselves be accepted as entry qualifications into a Ghanaian tertiary institutions.
Higher National Diploma (HND) Qualifications
An HND holder applicant must have at least have a second-class (Lower Division) certificate to qualify to enrol of this programme. He/she must have at least 2 years post HND working experience. Other Diploma qualifications with equivalence of HND may be considered.
NB: Dominion University’s entry qualifications for HND are requirements, which follows the requirement of its Mentoring University.
- Professional and Other Entry Qualifications
Entry into the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above are treated on individual cases, where such certificates are referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission into the programme.
The course will provide you with opportunities to test your knowledge and understanding through mid-semester examinations (IA), end-of-semester examinations and classwork.
DEAN OF BUSINESS SCHOOL – DR NICHOLAS OTU MANTEY
- Duration 4 Years
- Study Option Full/Part-time | Weekend
- Award Degree
- Campus Spintex
- Program Code BNF