Human Resource pathway at Dominion University allows you to shape your career ambitions and acquire expert knowledge in people management as well as the operational functions of companies.
- WHY STUDY BBA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGMENT AT DOMINION UNIVERSITY?
This programme is designed for ambitious students who are passionate to apply theory to practice in the business arena. Students enrolled on this programme will learn how firms operate from strategy through to management.
At Dominion, you will be supported by academics who bring on board professional expertise to their teaching methods. They will broaden your understanding of the human resource sector whereas impacting into you the legal and ethical challenges that emanates from the HR professions.
- COURSE HIGHLIGHTS
The Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management programme aims to provide a broad education and training in modern business profile, suitable for a wide range of students in key areas of business management and other allied disciplines. This is to enable students gain tools for critical reflection and competence to use their acquired knowledge as facilitators of commercial enterprise and economic growth and development.
This programme is a 4-year degree programme, which seeks to;
- To produce students with fundamental knowledge, understanding and analytical skills in the core areas of human resource management, economics, and accounting that will equip them for successful professional position career in business;
- To prepare students for quantitatively oriented profession in human resource management, research and forecasting with good understanding of the business environment;
- To equip students to be able to apply critical evaluative skills in interpreting and applying relevant information to the functional areas of human resource management to make meaningful contribution in creating value for their organizations;
- To give students the ability to adopt critical thinking in their reading, researching, writing, reporting and speaking;
- To promote a critical examination, analysis and application of theories and practices of sound business traditions and principles learned in the course of study;
- To provide students an opportunity to recognize the importance of the life-long pursuit of truth, acceptance of individual responsibility and meaningful contribution to the common good of society;
- To encourage students to employ ethical principles in all business situations; and
- To prepare students for higher research, academic and professional pursuits.
- COURSE CONTENT
Key business skills, knowledge and experience required to excel in the human resource management career will be imparted to the student. Firms require graduates who possess excellent business knowledge and who are able to demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills.
The programme entails the following courses for it’s 4-year duration: Check Curriculum Tab
- Method of delivery
You will learn through classroom lectures, seminars, presentations, assignments, internships, work-based learning, project research work and E-learning platforms. Students may obtain additional knowledge through personal reading of textbooks, academic journals and online reading.
- Credit Requirement
BBA Human Resource Management is a four (4) year degree programme requiring a minimum of 128 credits over eight (8) semesters to graduate.
- Admission Requirement
Dominion University College adopts a flexile admission approach and we accept applications from individuals with a wide range of qualifications. We also welcome mature applicants with no or less formal qualifications. Our admission requirements are categorized to include;
- West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Examinations
These are the standard nationally recognized examinations for academic progression into tertiary educational institutions in Ghana.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
Compulsory Subjects – Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade D.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
Compulsory Subjects – Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade C6.
iii. General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in General Business Examination (GBCE).
- Mature Students’ Entry
The mature students’ entry requires applicants to;
- i be at least 25 years old;
- ii show proof of age with birth certificate
- iii provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment;
Pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the Dominion University. The examination covers English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude Test. In lieu of this examination, the applicant should have proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in any of the nationally recognized examinations (WAEC Examinations).
- Foreign Qualifications
All foreign qualifications are referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to tertiary institutions in Ghana (National Accreditation Board Act, 2007 [Act 744 (2(2b)]).
Note: American SAT, TOEFL etc cannot in themselves be accepted as entry qualifications into a Ghanaian tertiary institutions.
Higher National Diploma (HND) Qualifications
An HND holder applicant must have at least have a second-class (Lower Division) certificate to qualify to enrol of this programme. He/she must have at least 2 years post HND working experience. Other Diploma qualifications with equivalence of HND may be considered.
NB: Dominion University’s entry qualifications for HND are requirements, which follows the requirement of its Mentoring University.
- Professional and Other Entry Qualifications
Entry into the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above are treated on individual cases, where such certificates are referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission into the programme.
- Regulatory Assessment
The course will provide you with opportunities to test your knowledge and understanding through mid-semester examinations (IA), end-of-semester examinations and classwork. Assessment is also based on class assignments and presentations as well as final project work undertaken by final year students.
DEAN OF BUSINESS SCHOOL – DR NICHOLAS OTU MANTEY
- Duration 4 Years
- Study Option Full/Part-time | Weekend
- Award Degree
- Campus Main Campus
- Program Code HMR