Effective Marketing is crucial to every business venture. Our Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing is fashioned to equip students with administrative and marketing skills to enable them work effectively in the world of work.
- WHY STUDY BBA MARKETING AT DOMINION UNIVERSITY?
Dominion University is a learning community of Higher Education, which ensures our pool of expert trains you to become competent and confident to lead innovative marketing campaigns within the business arena.
Specialists in the field within well-resourced lecture hall facilities teach our Marketing programme. Students are, therefore, exposed to courses that will equip them with the knowledge, understanding and skills necessary for employing reflective and objective critical thinking in their fields of endeavour in order to contribute meaningfully in creating value for organisations, and become citizens capable of functioning in a highly complex, interdependent, and global society.
- COURSE HIGHLIGHTS
Good marketing calls for performing many small tasks thoroughly and intelligently. The concentration in marketing prepares students to understand the business activities employed in the anticipation, management and satisfaction of demand. Marketing majors typically pursue careers in sales and sales management, product and brand management, retail management, physical distribution, marketing research, advertising, or international marketing.
Upon completion of the curriculum for Business Administration with specialization in Marketing, a student should be able to;
- Understand the basic concepts in marketing and how they are used to encourage an exchange.
- Identify and utilize basic marketing strategies used in the measurement, targeting, positioning and selling of a product to a market.
- Understand the nature, scope and responsibilities of retailers, together with the required skills.
- Understand the effects of advertising on business and society, the control and evaluation of advertising programmes and the impact of government regulations on advertising;
- Identify the process(es) involved in conducting independent marketing research.
- To give students the ability to adopt critical thinking in their reading, researching, writing, reporting and speaking.
- To promote a critical examination, analysis and application of theories and practices of sound business traditions and principles learned in the course of study.
- To offer students an opportunity to recognize the importance of the life-long pursuit of truth, acceptance of individual responsibility and meaningful contribution to the common good of society;
- To encourage students to employ ethical principles in all business situations; and
- To prepare students for higher research, academic and professional pursuits.
- COURSE CONTENT
BBA Marketing at Dominion has the following components throughout the duration of the programme: Curriculum Tab
- Method of delivery
Throughout the programme, students will gain their core knowledge and skills through lectures, presentations, assignments, group study, project research work and E-learning platforms. Students are also encouraged to obtain knowledge through their own reading.
- Credit Requirement
The BBA Marketing is a 4-year degree programme, which requires a minimum of 128 credits over the eight (8) semesters to graduate.
- Admission Requirement
Our learning community is flexile with our admissions approach and we accept applications from individuals with a wide range of qualifications. We also welcome mature applicants with no or less formal qualifications. Our admission requirements are categorized to include;
- West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Examinations
These are the standard nationally recognized examinations for academic progression into tertiary educational institutions in Ghana.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
Compulsory Subjects – Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade D.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
Compulsory Subjects – Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade C6.
iii. General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in General Business Examination (GBCE).
- Mature Students’ Entry
The mature students’ entry requires applicants to;
- i be at least 25 years old;
- ii show proof of age with birth certificate
- iii provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment;
- iv pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the Dominion University. The examination covers English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude Test. In lieu of this examination, the applicant should have proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in any of the nationally recognized examinations (WAEC Examinations).
- Foreign Qualifications
All foreign qualifications are referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to tertiary institutions in Ghana (National Accreditation Board Act, 2007 [Act 744 (2(2b)]).
Note: American SAT, TOEFL etc cannot in themselves be accepted as entry qualifications into a Ghanaian tertiary institutions.
Higher National Diploma (HND) Qualifications
An HND holder applicant must have at least have a second-class (Lower Division) certificate to qualify to enroll of this programme. He/she must have at least 2 years post HND working experience. Other Diploma qualifications with equivalence of HND may be considered.
NB: Dominion University’s entry qualifications for HND are requirements, which follows the requirement of its Mentoring University.
- Professional and Other Entry Qualifications
Entry into the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above are treated on individual cases, where such certificates are referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission into the programme.
- Regulatory Assessment
Students are assessed through Interim Assessments, end of semester examinations and classwork. They are also assessed through practical work, which includes problem solving and analytical work. They are also assessed through individual project work, presentations and group project reports. Students will also receive regular feedback on their coursework and exams. A written feedback is given to students with respect to drafts on their coursework, seminars, workshops and thesis.
DEAN OF BUSINESS SCHOOL – DR NICHOLAS OTU MANTEY
- Duration 4 Years
- Study Option Full/Part-time | Weekend
- Award Degree
- Campus Main Campus
- Program Code MKR