BSc Computer Science with Management
This programme is designed to provide an effective and well-balanced industry IT knowledge and skills for those seeking career in this fast growing field. It aims to develop experts in designing and developing real world software and hardware solutions. Our BSc Computer Science programme prepares our students to master their competencies and they are taught by experts in the field in a well resourced lecture halls and laboratories.
BSc Computer Science is an integrative course with exciting hands-on, work-based theoretical learning opportunities. At the end of the 4-year duration of studying the programme, students will;
- Possess the practical, work-based and theoretical knowledge of computer science and software engineering necessary to even earn a living as well as contribute to economic development.
- Have all it takes to further your education both at the masters and PhD levels in computer science and software engineering.
- Understand and adhere to the professional standards and ethics expected of computer scientists and software engineers.
- Appreciate the social, organizational, and managerial impact of computing.
- Recognize the importance of and possess the skills necessary for life-long learning.
The programme is designed to achieve a balance between theoretical knowledge gained through lectures and practical knowledge acquired through hands-on and work-based learning experience. Students will develop a firm grounding in the foundations of computer science through the use of project-led laboratory-based activities. The computer science programme provides students with a set of practical skills, which are built on a sound understanding of the principles and theories of computer science. In order to successfully complete BSc Computer Science, you must have a minimum of 146 credits to graduate. These are the courses taught at different levels for the duration of the programme.
You’ll be exposed to principles and strategies, but, more importantly, you’ll learn how to actually apply these abstract concepts by coding three different websites for three very different audiences used in laying out print, graphic or web designs.
- Calculus I
- English for Academic Purposes
- Logic and Critical Thinking
- Information Technology I
- Principles of Social Behavior
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Data Structures and Algorithm
- Programming in Java
- System Analysis and Design
- Principles of Programming
- Discrete Structures and Theory
- Telecom Systems
- Multimedia Systems
- Web Technologies
- Software Engineering
- Networks and Distributed Computing
- Database Management I
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- VB Programming
- Data Communications
- Computer Security
- Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP)
- Software Modelling and Analysis
- Operating System
- Mobile Computing
- Cloud Computing
At Dominion University, a flexible approach has been adopted for our admissions and we accept applications from individuals with a wide range of qualifications. We also welcome mature applicants with no or less formal qualifications. Our admission requirements are categorized to include;
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) Compulsory Subjects – Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade D.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination(WASSCE) Compulsory Subjects – Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade C6.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in General Business Examination (GBCE).
- be at least 25 years old
- show proof of age with birth certificate
- provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment
- pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the Dominion University. The examination covers English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude Test. In lieu of this examination, the applicant should have proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in any of the nationally recognized examinations (WAEC Examinations).
- Note: American SAT, TOEFL etc cannot in themselves be accepted as entry qualifications into a Ghanaian tertiary institutions.
- Note: Dominion University’s entry qualifications for HND are requirements, which follows the requirement of its Mentoring University.
- Entry into the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above are treated on individual cases, where such certificates are referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission into the programme.
Our Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with Management is a four (4) year degree programme.
For holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computer Science or any related courses who wishes to top-up will pursue the BSc Computer Science for duration of two (2) years. Where the HND is in a different course, the duration of study will be three (3) years.
For holders of Ordinary Diploma (Diploma) in Computer Science or any related courses who wishes to top-up will pursue the BSc Computer Science for duration of three (3) years.
At Dominion, we ensure that our students are given first priority when it comes to job and placement. We give our students opportunity to impart the Dominion Community by creating temporal positions within the University. This allows our students to work while they study and have a feel of the world of work aside their off-campus internship programmes. it also allows them to gain valuable experiences and employability skills which makes them employers first choices.
The following are the some career opportunities that come along with studying Computer Science with Management;
- Software Developer
- Database Administrator
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Computer Network Architect
- Web Developer
- Information Security Analyst
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- IT Project Manager
- Business Systems Analyst
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Business Analyst
- Solutions Architect
- E-Commerce Analyst
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Business Analyst
- Technical Engineer
- CRM Technical Developer
- Portal Administrator
- Telecommunications Manager
- Project Manager, Applications Development
- User Interface Designer
- Cloud Computing Engineer
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Engineer
- Research and Development (R&D) Scientist
- Technical Support
Fees & Duration
Connect with our socials
Do you have more questions?
Schedule a visit to our office
Spintex Road Post office box PMB 69 Cantonments, Accra
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, you may get in touch with an admissions representative on WhatsApp & phone on +233201063633 or +233507777435 for any inquiries on your application.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.