The Business Administration pathway enables you to shape your future towards your career in business management. You also build the essential knowledge and expertise required in the management and administration of organisations as well as the operational functions of companies.
- WHY STUDY HND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AT DOMINION UNIVERSITY?
Dominion is best place if you are keen to apply theory to real world business practice. You will learn how organisations operate from office management, developing and managing strategies to styles of management for business among other things.
Our HND Business Administration programme is supported by Academics who bring on board professional expertise to teaching practices.
- COURSE HIGHLIGHTS
The programme ensures that, at the end of the 3-year duration of study, students will;
- Develop high-level administrative and managerial skills in order to handle and adapt to major changes in the world of business.
- Be able to apply the management functions of planning, organizing, leading and controlling in their assigned tasks.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills.
- Acquire working knowledge of management principles and the laws as applied to corporate activities.
- Have the opportunity of continuing their business administrative studies in other business related degree programmes such as Human Resource Management, Marketing etc.
- COURSE CONTENT
Our HND Business Administrative programme has the following components throughout the duration of the programme. Check it here on Curriculum Tab.
- Method of delivery
Throughout the programme, students will gain knowledge and skills through lectures, seminars, presentations, assignments, coursework, group case study, project research work and E-learning platforms. Students are also encouraged to learn from other medium such as, through their own reading.
- Credit Requirement
The HND Business Administration is a 3-year programme, which requires a minimum of 90 credits over the eight (8) semesters to graduate.
- Admission Requirement
Our learning community is flexile with our admissions approach and we accept applications from individuals with a wide range of qualifications. We also welcome mature applicants with no or less formal qualifications. Our admission requirements are categorized to include;
- West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Examinations
These are the standard nationally recognized examinations for academic progression into tertiary educational institutions in Ghana.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
Compulsory Subjects – Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade D.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
Compulsory Subjects – Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade C6.
iii. General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in General Business Examination (GBCE).
- Mature Students’ Entry
The mature students’ entry requires applicants to;
- i be at least 25 years old;
- ii show proof of age with birth certificate
- iii provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment;
- iv pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the Dominion University. The examination covers English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude Test. In lieu of this examination, the applicant should have proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in any of the nationally recognized examinations (WAEC Examinations).
- Foreign Qualifications
All foreign qualifications are referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to tertiary institutions in Ghana (National Accreditation Board Act, 2007 [Act 744 (2(2b)]).
Note: American SAT, TOEFL etc cannot in themselves be accepted as entry qualifications into a Ghanaian tertiary institutions.
Higher National Diploma (HND) Qualifications
An HND holder applicant must have at least have a second-class (Lower Division) certificate to qualify to enroll of this programme. He/she must have at least 2 years post HND working experience. Other Diploma qualifications with equivalence of HND may be considered.
NB: Dominion University’s entry qualifications for HND are requirements, which follows the requirement of its Mentoring University.
- Professional and Other Entry Qualifications
Entry into the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above are treated on individual cases, where such certificates are referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission into the programme.
- Regulatory Assessment
Students are assessed through Interim Assessments, end of semester examinations and classwork. They are also assessed through individual project work, presentations, and group project reports. Students will also receive regular feedback on their coursework and exams. A written feedback will be given to students with respect to draft on their coursework, seminars, and workshops.
DEAN OF SCOPE – DR BISMARK OKYERE
- Duration 3 Years
- Study Option Full/Part-time | Weekend
- Award HND
- Campus Main Campus
- Program Code BAM