Effective Marketing is crucial to every business venture. Our Higher National Diploma in Marketing is fashioned to equip students with administrative and marketing skills to enable them work effectively in the world of work. The program will also enhance the knowledge and skills of graduates in order to become responsible in the real world industry, preparing them to be entrepreneurs who will assist in the long run to release the pressure of unemployment rate.
- WHY STUDY HND MARKETING AT DOMINION UNIVERSITY?
Dominion University is a learning community of Higher Educational, which ensures our pool of expert trains you to become competent and confident to lead to innovate marketing campaigns within the arena of business.
Our HND Marketing programmes are taught by specialists in the field in well-resourced lecture hall facility.
- COURSE HIGHLIGHTS
The programme is ensures that, at the end of the 3-year duration of study, students will;
- Develop skills of marketing to meet the prevailing industry requirement
- Have firm foundation to pursue higher academic levels and to have the opportunity for undertake further profession in marketing.
- Display personal and problem solving skills necessary for successful career and on-going professional development in that area.
- Possess administrative and marketing skills necessary for work effectiveness and efficiency.
- COURSE CONTENT
HND Marketing at Dominion has the following components throughout the duration of the programme on the Curriculum Tab
- Method of delivery
Throughout the programme, students will gain their core knowledge and skills through lectures, seminars, presentations, assignments, group case study, project research work and E-learning platforms. Students are also encouraged to obtain knowledge through their own reading.
- Credit Requirement
The HND Marketing is a 3-year diploma programme, which requires a minimum of 90 credits over the six (6) semesters to graduate.
- Admission Requirement
Our learning community is flexile with our admissions approach and we accept applications from individuals with a wide range of qualifications. We also welcome mature applicants with no or less formal qualifications. Our admission requirements are categorized to include;
- West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Examinations
These are the standard nationally recognized examinations for academic progression into tertiary educational institutions in Ghana.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
Compulsory Subjects – Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade D.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
Compulsory Subjects – Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade C6.
iii. General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in General Business Examination (GBCE).
- Mature Students’ Entry
The mature students’ entry requires applicants to;
- i be at least 25 years old;
- ii show proof of age with birth certificate
- iii provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment;
- iv pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the Dominion University. The examination covers English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude Test. In lieu of this examination, the applicant should have proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in any of the nationally recognized examinations (WAEC Examinations).
- Foreign Qualifications
All foreign qualifications are referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to tertiary institutions in Ghana (National Accreditation Board Act, 2007 [Act 744 (2(2b)]).
Note: American SAT, TOEFL etc cannot in themselves be accepted as entry qualifications into a Ghanaian tertiary institutions.
Higher National Diploma (HND) Qualifications
An HND holder applicant must have at least have a second-class (Lower Division) certificate to qualify to enroll of this programme. He/she must have at least 2 years post HND working experience. Other Diploma qualifications with equivalence of HND may be considered.
NB: Dominion University’s entry qualifications for HND are requirements, which follows the requirement of its Mentoring University.
- Professional and Other Entry Qualifications
Entry into the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above are treated on individual cases, where such certificates are referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission into the programme.
- Regulatory Assessment
Students are assessed through Interim Assessments, end of semester examinations and classwork. They are also assessed through practical work, which includes problem solving and analytical work. They are also assessed through individual project work, presentations and group project reports. Students will also receive regular feedback on their coursework and exams. A written feedback is given to students with respect to drafts on their coursework, seminars, workshops and thesis.
DEAN OF SCOPE – DR BISMARK OKYERE
- Duration 3 Years
- Study Option Full/Part-time | Weekend
- Award HND
- Campus Main Campus
- Program Code MKT