The Bachelor of Arts in Theology is designed to provide an effective and well-balanced knowledge and skills for both academic and ministry related roles in contemporary society. The programme provides students with firm foundation in the study of theology as well as practical skills necessary to offer spiritual leadership in the Church and society at large.
This programme is an integrative course with work-based and theoretical learning opportunities. At the end of the 4-year duration of studying the programme, students will;
- Demonstrate an appreciation of Christian character and leadership in personal life.
- Possess practical and theoretical knowledge of theology adequate to function productively in both church and society.
- Be equipped to undertake further studies in theology and other related disciplines.
- Acquire the requisite interpersonal and teamwork skills appropriate for ministry in the church and society.
This programme is designed to achieve a balance between theoretical knowledge gained through lectures and practical skills gained through fieldwork and ministry attachments. Students will obtain thorough knowledge in the foundations of theology through lectures, discussions, assignments and project work. The courses are carefully designed such that every year provides an opportunity for students to delve deeper into research and identify areas that need further attention and clarity in the life of the contemporary African churches and society as a whole. These courses are taught at different levels for the duration of the programme.
- Spiritual Formation
- Introduction to Pentecostalism
- English for Academic Purpose
- French for communication
- Logic and Critical Thinking
- Principles of Social Behaviour
- Philosophy of Religion
- Systematic Theology
- Church History
- New Testament Greek
- Sociology of Religion
- Christian Ethics
- Old Testament Hebrew
- African Traditional Religion
- Biblical Philosophy of Leadership
- African Christian Theology
- Christian Education
- Cultural Anthropology and Missions
- Islamic Theology
- Pauline Theology
- Pentecostal and Charismatic Theology
- Church Growth
- Apocalyptic Literature
- Contemporary Issues in Theology
- Contemporary Issues in Ethics
- Christian Apologetics
- Contemporary Issues in Theology
At Dominion University, a flexible approach has been adopted for our admissions and we accept applications from individuals with a wide range of qualifications. We also welcome mature applicants with no or less formal qualifications. Our admission requirements are categorized to include;
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) Compulsory Subjects – Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade D.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination(WASSCE) Compulsory Subjects – Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade C6.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in General Business Examination (GBCE).
- be at least 25 years old
- show proof of age with birth certificate
- provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment
- pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the Dominion University. The examination covers English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude Test. In lieu of this examination, the applicant should have proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in any of the nationally recognized examinations (WAEC Examinations).
- Note: American SAT, TOEFL etc cannot in themselves be accepted as entry qualifications into a Ghanaian tertiary institutions.
- Note: Dominion University’s entry qualifications for HND are requirements, which follows the requirement of its Mentoring University.
- Entry into the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above are treated on individual cases, where such certificates are referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission into the programme.
Our Bachelor of Arts in Theology is a four (4) year degree programme.
For holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Theology or any related course who wishes to top-up will pursue the BA Theology for duration of two (2) years. Where the HND is in a different course, the duration of study will be three (3) years.
For holders of Ordinary Diploma (Diploma) in Theology or any related course who wishes to top-up will pursue the BA Theology for a duration of three (3) year
At Dominion, we ensure that our students are given first priority when it comes to job and placement. We give our students opportunity to impart the Dominion Community by creating temporal positions within the University. This allows our students to work while they study and have a feel of the world of work aside their off-campus internship programmes. it also allows them to gain valuable experiences and employability skills which makes them employers first choices.
The following are the some career opportunities that come along with studying BA Theology
- Social Worker
- Minister of the Gospel etc.
Fees & Duration
Connect with our socials
Do you have more questions?
Schedule a visit to our office
Spintex Road Post office box PMB 69 Cantonments, Accra
Congratulations on your decision. Click on the link below to apply. https://admissions.duc.edu.gh/apply/2/10
After you submit your application, You may contact an admissions representative on our whatsApp or call numbers +233201063633 or +233507777435 for any further inquiry on your application.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.