BBA in Banking and Finance
The Financial industry is one of the most important sectors, which contribute to a successful global economy, and this industry cuts across banking, insurance, micro-finance, investment and securities services, and consultancy services among others. This course creates a platform for an advanced financial education and you will explore a systematised flow and management of money and assets. Banking and Finance affords you an endless career options as you acquire expert knowledge, skillset and requisite fundamentals of the financial world.
BBA Banking & Finance will ensure that, at the end of your course, you acquire the fundamental knowledge, understanding and analytical skills that will equip you for a successful career in the financial and many other sectors, possess coherent analytical framework for the study of banking and financial development through the application of modern financial, managerial and strategic developments that affect real world decisions in the global financial industry among other.
At the end of the four (4) years, successful students must have a minimum of 128 credits over eight (8) semesters to complete their programme. A Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking & Finance will be awarded to them.
The following modules are the content of the programme for the entire period of study;
- English for Academic Purposes
- French for Communication
- Mathematics for Decision Making
- Information Technology I,II
- Spiritual Formation
- Principles of Social Behaviour
- Logic & Critical Thinking
- Governance & Public Administration
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Management Accounting
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Legal Environment of Business
- Business Communication
- Quantitative Methods for Business Decisions
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Operations Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Managerial Economics
- Management Information Systems
- Company & Partnership Law
- Monetary & Financial Systems
- Law & Regulations in Banking
- Investment & Portfolio Management
- Microfinance & Rural Banking
- Organisational Behaviour
- Banking Ethics and Values
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Practice of Banking
- Treasury & Banking Operations
- Financial Reporting for Banks
- International Trade Finance
- Insurance and Pensions Management
- International Business
- Organisational Policy and Strategy
- Financial Risk Management
- Retail and Corporate Lending
- Project Work
At Dominion University, a flexible approach has been adopted for our admissions and we accept applications from individuals with a wide range of qualifications. We also welcome mature applicants with no or less formal qualifications. Our admission requirements are categorized to include;
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) Compulsory Subjects – Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade D.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination(WASSCE) Compulsory Subjects – Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade C6.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in General Business Examination (GBCE).
- be at least 25 years old
- show proof of age with birth certificate
- provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment
- pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the Dominion University. The examination covers English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude Test. In lieu of this examination, the applicant should have proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in any of the nationally recognized examinations (WAEC Examinations).
- Note: American SAT, TOEFL etc cannot in themselves be accepted as entry qualifications into a Ghanaian tertiary institutions.
- Note: Dominion University’s entry qualifications for HND are requirements, which follows the requirement of its Mentoring University.
- Entry into the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above are treated on individual cases, where such certificates are referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission into the programme.
Our Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with Management is a four (4) year degree programme.
For holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computer Science or any related courses who wishes to top-up will pursue the BSc Computer Science for duration of two (2) years. Where the HND is in a different course, the duration of study will be three (3) years.
For holders of Ordinary Diploma (Diploma) in Computer Science or any related courses who wishes to top-up will pursue the BSc Computer Science for duration of three (3) years.
At Dominion, we ensure that our students are given first priority when it comes to job and placement. We give our students opportunity to impart the Dominion Community by creating temporal positions within the University. This allows our students to work while they study and have a feel of the world of work aside their off-campus internship programmes. it also allows them to gain valuable experiences and employability skills which makes them employers first choices.
The following are some career path options available in banking and finance;
- Loan Officer
- Financial Consultant
- Financial Accountant
- Business Analyst
- HR Entrepreneur
- Corporate and Institutional Banking
- Investment Banking (Capital Markets)
- Investment Banking
- Sales & Trading
- Business Banking
- Retail or Consumer Banking
- Private Equity
- Portfolio and Asset Management
- Wealth Management (Private Banking)
- Personal Finance
- Accounting and Audit Services
- Tax Advisory
Fees & Duration
Connect with our socials
Do you have more questions?
Schedule a visit to our office
Spintex Road Post office box PMB 69 Cantonments, Accra
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.