BBA in Marketing
Effective Marketing is crucial to every business venture. Our Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing is fashioned to equip students with administrative and marketing skills to enable them work effectively in the world of work. Good marketing calls for performing many small tasks thoroughly and intelligently.
The concentration in marketing prepares students to understand the business activities employed in the anticipation, management and satisfaction of demand. Marketing majors typically pursue careers in sales and sales management, product and brand management, retail management, physical distribution, marketing research, advertising, or international marketing.
Upon completion of the curriculum for Business Administration with specialisation in Marketing, a student will be able to understand the basic concepts in marketing and how they are used to encourage an exchange, identify and utilise basic marketing strategies used in the measurement, targeting, positioning and selling of a product to a market, understand the nature, scope and responsibilities of retailers, together with the required skills, understand the effects of advertising on business and society, the control and evaluation of advertising programmes and the impact of government regulations on advertising among others.
For successful completion of the programme, you are required to have 128 credits and must complete all modules for the 4-year period. The following are the modules you will study;
- Personal Finance
- English for Academic Purposes
- French for Communication
- Basic Mathematics
- Information Technology
- Spiritual Formation
- Principles of Social Behaviour
- Logic & Critical Thinking
- Governance & Public Administration
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Management Accounting
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Legal Environment of Business
- Business Communication
- Quantitative Methods for Business Decisions
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Operations Management
- Principles of Marketing Management
- Corporate Financial Management
- Management Information Systems
- Product & Brand
- Consumer Behavior
- Managerial Economics
- Company Law & Partnership Law
- Consumer Relationship Management
- Business Ethics
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Business Research Methods
- Organizational Behavior
- International Business
- SME Marketing
- Retail Management
- Industrial Marketing
- Corporate Strategy
- Project Work
- Service Marketing
- Public Relations
At Dominion University, a flexible approach has been adopted for our admissions and we accept applications from individuals with a wide range of qualifications. We also welcome mature applicants with no or less formal qualifications. Our admission requirements are categorized to include;
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) Compulsory Subjects – Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade D.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination(WASSCE) Compulsory Subjects – Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade C6.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in General Business Examination (GBCE).
- be at least 25 years old
- show proof of age with birth certificate
- provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment
- pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the Dominion University. The examination covers English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude Test. In lieu of this examination, the applicant should have proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in any of the nationally recognized examinations (WAEC Examinations).
- Note: American SAT, TOEFL etc cannot in themselves be accepted as entry qualifications into a Ghanaian tertiary institutions.
- Note: Dominion University’s entry qualifications for HND are requirements, which follows the requirement of its Mentoring University.
- Entry into the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above are treated on individual cases, where such certificates are referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission into the programme.
Our Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with Management is a four (4) year degree programme.
For holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computer Science or any related courses who wishes to top-up will pursue the BSc Computer Science for duration of two (2) years. Where the HND is in a different course, the duration of study will be three (3) years.
For holders of Ordinary Diploma (Diploma) in Computer Science or any related courses who wishes to top-up will pursue the BSc Computer Science for duration of three (3) years.
At Dominion, we ensure that our students are given first priority when it comes to job and placement. We give our students opportunity to impart the Dominion Community by creating temporal positions within the University. This allows our students to work while they study and have a feel of the world of work aside their off-campus internship programmes. it also allows them to gain valuable experiences and employability skills which makes them employers first choices.
Some career prospects available after completion of degree in marketing are as follows;
- Marketing ExecutiveLoan Officer
- Advertising & PR
- Advertising Art Director
- Market Researcher
- PPC Specialist
- Digital Marketer
- Public Relations Officer
- Social Media Manager
- Sales Promotion Account Executive
- Product Manager
- Digital Copywriter
- Business Adviser
- Media Buyer
- Event Manager
- UX Designer
- Web Content Manager
Fees & Duration
Connect with our socials
Do you have more questions?
Schedule a visit to our office
Spintex Road Post office box PMB 69 Cantonments, Accra
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.