HND in Banking and Finance
Our HND Banking and Finance is deeply rooted in combined courses in the field of Banking and Finance, which equip students to fit in the changing financial sector.
The programme ensures that upon completion, you will develop the knowledge, skillset and practical approach to managing financial resources of an organisation, possess a solid foundation for the study of degree in Banking and Finance and have unique problem-solving skills essential for career in Banking and Finance just to mention few.
For successful completion of the programme, all students are required to meet the minimum of ninety (90) credits and take all required modules. The modules you will study per year are as follows;
- Communication Skills I, II
- Computer Fundamentals
- Business Mathematics
- African Studies
- Principles of Accounting
- Principles of Management
- Introduction to Business Law
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Business Statistics
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Office Management
- Law of Tort
- Personality Development
- Management and Organisational Behaviour
- Management of New & Small Enterprises
- Human Relations
- Research Methods
- Business Ethics & Values
- Management Information System
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Management
- Project Work
- Managerial Economics
- Records Management
- Company Law & Practice
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- International Business Management
Dominion University College adopts a flexible admission approach and we accept applications from individuals with a wide range of qualifications. For admission unto the HND Business Administration, applicants must have six passes from (A1 to D7), passes in three core subjects including core mathematics and English language and any three passes in your electives. Kindly note that passes required translates further that, you qualify for HND if your six passes contain a D7 only.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) Compulsory Subjects – Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade D.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination(WASSCE) Compulsory Subjects – Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade C6.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in General Business Examination (GBCE).
- be at least 25 years old
- show proof of age with birth certificate
- provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment
- pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the Dominion University. The examination covers English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude Test. In lieu of this examination, the applicant should have proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in any of the nationally recognized examinations (WAEC Examinations).
- Note: American SAT, TOEFL etc cannot in themselves be accepted as entry qualifications into a Ghanaian tertiary institutions.
- Note: Dominion University’s entry qualifications for HND are requirements, which follows the requirement of its Mentoring University.
- Entry into the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above are treated on individual cases, where such certificates are referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission into the programme.
The Higher National Diploma in Information Communication Technology (ICT) is a three (3) year programme.
HND ICT at Dominion is a pathway to degree in Computer Science with Management. After the three (3) year HND, you will be given the opportunity to upgrade (Top-up) to degree in Computer Science with Management for a duration of two (2) years.
In sum, the HND ICT pathway to degree in Computer Science with Management is five (5) years including National Service of one (1) year.
HND Banking & Finance at Dominion University College offers a progression route for learners to be employed in the banking, insurance, and financial services industries. The HND in Banking & Finance is useful for learners who wish to progress to a Bachelor’s Degree in Banking & Finance.
The Higher National Diploma qualification also prepares you for employment opportunities or roles such as financial advisor or executive, teller, account manager, and other roles in various financial sectors.
- Loan Officer
- Financial Consultant
- Financial Accountant
- Business Analyst
- HR Entrepreneur
- Corporate and Institutional Banking
- Investment Banking (Capital Markets)
- Investment Banking
- Sales & Trading
- Business Banking
- Retail or Consumer Banking
- Private Equity
- Portfolio and Asset Management
- Wealth Management (Private Banking)
- Personal Finance
- Accounting and Audit Services
- Tax Advisory
Fees & Duration
Connect with our socials
Do you have more questions?
Schedule a visit to our office
Spintex Road Post office box PMB 69 Cantonments, Accra
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.