HND in Information Communication Technology
This programme is designed to provide an effective and well-balanced industry IT knowledge and skills for those seeking career in this fast-growing field.
It aims to develop graduates to obtain a combination of disciplines in Information Technology, software Engineering, Computer programming and Computer Engineering.
This course comprises of various modules that at the end of your study will help you identify and apply appropriate theory, tools and techniques used in the computing industry, demonstrate mastery of the essentials, facts, concepts, principles, theories and practices enabling graduate employment in application of Information Technology, demonstrate a range of transferrable skills in problem solving, communication, project management, working individually and in teams, self-management, evaluate and reflect on information from relevant sources and synthesizes new knowledge and solutions to requirements in the domain of applications of information technology etc.
This course requires a minimum of ninety (90) credits for the three (3) years period and to fully partake in all modules for the six (6) semester. The modules are as follows;
- Fundamentals of Information Technology
- Introduction to Programming
- Probability and Statistics
- Database Systems and Applications
- Introduction to Economics
- Communication Skills I & II
- African Studies
- Programming Using C++
- Hardware and Software Installation
- Digital Electronics
- Introduction to Accounting
- Industrial Attachment
- Programming using Visual Basic 6.0
- Data Management Systems (Oracle)
- Web Technology I & II
- Data Communication and
- Networks I & II
- Discrete Mathematics
- Operating Systems
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Programming with Visual Basic Net
- Introduction to Software Engineering
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Management Information Systems
- Industrial Attachment
- IT Project Work
- IT Entrepreneurship
- Information Systems Security I & II
- Systems Administration I & II
- Programming using Java
- Research Methodology
- Computer Graphics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Research Project
Dominion University College adopts a flexible admission approach and we accept applications from individuals with a wide range of qualifications. For admission unto the HND Business Administration, applicants must have six passes from (A1 to D7), passes in three core subjects including core mathematics and English language and any three passes in your electives. Kindly note that passes required translates further that, you qualify for HND if your six passes contain a D7 only.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) Compulsory Subjects – Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade D.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination(WASSCE) Compulsory Subjects – Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade C6.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in General Business Examination (GBCE).
- be at least 25 years old
- show proof of age with birth certificate
- provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment
- pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the Dominion University. The examination covers English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude Test. In lieu of this examination, the applicant should have proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in any of the nationally recognized examinations (WAEC Examinations).
- Note: American SAT, TOEFL etc cannot in themselves be accepted as entry qualifications into a Ghanaian tertiary institutions.
- Note: Dominion University’s entry qualifications for HND are requirements, which follows the requirement of its Mentoring University.
- Entry into the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above are treated on individual cases, where such certificates are referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission into the programme.
The Higher National Diploma in Information Communication Technology (ICT) is a three (3) year programme.
HND ICT at Dominion is a pathway to degree in Computer Science with Management. After the three (3) year HND, you will be given the opportunity to upgrade (Top-up) to degree in Computer Science with Management for a duration of two (2) years.
In sum, the HND ICT pathway to degree in Computer Science with Management is five (5) years including National Service of one (1) year.
HND ICT at Dominion University College offers a progression route for learners who wish to progress to a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with Management. These are some of the career opportunities available for upon completion and subsequent award of the HND ICT;
- Software Developer
- Database Administrator
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Computer Network Architect
- Web Developer
- Information Security Analyst
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- IT Project Manager
- Business Systems Analyst
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Business Analyst
- Solutions Architect
- E-Commerce Analyst
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Business Analyst
- Technical Engineer
- CRM Technical Developer
- Portal Administrator
- Telecommunications Manager
- Project Manager, Applications Development
- User Interface Designer
- Cloud Computing Engineer
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Engineer
- Research and Development (R&D) Scientist
- Technical Support
Fees & Duration
Connect with our socials
Do you have more questions?
Schedule a visit to our office
Spintex Road Post office box PMB 69 Cantonments, Accra
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.