HND in Marketing
Effective Marketing is crucial to every business venture. Our Higher National Diploma in Marketing is fashioned to equip students with administrative and marketing skills to enable them work effectively in the world of work.
The program will also enhance the knowledge and skills of graduates in order to become responsible in the real-world industry, preparing them to be entrepreneurs who will assist in the long run to release the pressure of unemployment rate.
This programme has various modules for every year specifically designed to ensure students develop skills of marketing to meet the prevailing industry requirement, have firm foundation to pursue higher academic levels and to have the opportunity to undertake further profession in marketing, display personal and problem solving skills necessary for successful career and on-going professional development in that area etc.
This programme requires the completion of the three years modules as well as minimum credits of ninety (90) before awarded the qualification of HND Marketing. The following are the modules for the three (3) years;
- Communication Skills I, II
- Computer Fundamentals
- Business Mathematics
- African Studies
- Principles of Accounting
- Principles of Management
- Introduction to Business Law
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Business Statistics
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Organizational Behaviour
- Principles of Marketing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Electronic Marketing
- Research Methods
- Business Ethics & Values
- Management Information System
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Marketing, Planning and Control Analysis
- Strategic Management
- Project Work
- Selling and Sales Management
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- International Marketing
- Project Management
- International Business
- Services Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
Dominion University College adopts a flexible admission approach and we accept applications from individuals with a wide range of qualifications. For admission unto the HND Business Administration, applicants must have six passes from (A1 to D7), passes in three core subjects including core mathematics and English language and any three passes in your electives. Kindly note that passes required translates further that, you qualify for HND if your six passes contain a D7 only.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) Compulsory Subjects – Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade D.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination(WASSCE) Compulsory Subjects – Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects, including English, Mathematics (Core) and Social Studies or Integrated Science and three Elective Subjects including Elective Mathematics with a minimum of Grade C6.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in General Business Examination (GBCE).
- be at least 25 years old
- show proof of age with birth certificate
- provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment
- pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the Dominion University. The examination covers English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude Test. In lieu of this examination, the applicant should have proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in any of the nationally recognized examinations (WAEC Examinations).
- Note: American SAT, TOEFL etc cannot in themselves be accepted as entry qualifications into a Ghanaian tertiary institutions.
- Note: Dominion University’s entry qualifications for HND are requirements, which follows the requirement of its Mentoring University.
- Entry into the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above are treated on individual cases, where such certificates are referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission into the programme.
The Higher National Diploma in Information Communication Technology (ICT) is a three (3) year programme.
HND ICT at Dominion is a pathway to degree in Computer Science with Management. After the three (3) year HND, you will be given the opportunity to upgrade (Top-up) to degree in Computer Science with Management for a duration of two (2) years.
In sum, the HND ICT pathway to degree in Computer Science with Management is five (5) years including National Service of one (1) year.
After completing your HND Marketing only, students will have diverse career prospects in wide array of business fields such as marketing, advertising, project management, administration, human resource, research and administration.
Some career prospects available after completion of the HND in Marketing are as follows;
- Marketing ExecutiveLoan Officer
- Advertising & PR
- Advertising Art Director
- Market Researcher
- PPC Specialist
- Digital Marketer
- Public Relations Officer
- Social Media Manager
- Sales Promotion Account Executive
- Product Manager
- Digital Copywriter
- Business Adviser
- Media Buyer
- Event Manager
- Web Content Manager
Fees & Duration
Connect with our socials
Do you have more questions?
Schedule a visit to our office
Spintex Road Post office box PMB 69 Cantonments, Accra
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.